LEVEL 3: THE LOCALIZER’S INVENTORY
The objective of this level is to teach students to use specific tools for video game localization: computer assisted translation tools (CAT) and other indispensable tools for the localizer’s inventory.
Computer assisted translation (CAT) and machine translation (MT)
- Machine translation (MT) and computer assisted translation (CAT) and their application in the area of video games
- What types of formats and files does a localizer work with?
Computer assisted translation programs
- Computer assisted translation programs and the most frequently used CAT tools
- Creating and maintaining translation memories
- Memories, style guides and glossaries for video game companies and clients. Mouse or ratón?